Everyday Heroes

Don't you just love lazy Sundays? I was relaxing on the couch yesterday reading the latest copy of Reader's Digest when I came across the section titled "Everyday Heroes" and it struck me that this would be another good topic for this blog. Thanks, RD for sparking the idea. So I thought I'd share few interesting sites I found with you.

My Hero invites your family, school, or organization to take part in this not-for profit educational project. Add your vision by sharing your words, images and short films celebrating all types of heroes; angels, animals, artists, business, child, community, earth keepers, explorers, faith, family, freedom, hero's hero, lifesavers, literary, musician, peacemakers, poets, scientists, sports, teachers, women, and writers from around the world on this ever-growing internet archive.


The ThinkQuest team ran a school essay contest and here are some of the winning essays Everyday Heroes ThinkQuest inspires students to think, connect, create, and share. Students work in teams to build innovative and educational websites to share with the world. Along the way, they learn research, writing, teamwork, and technology skills and compete for exciting prizes.

The American Red Cross has a number of stories about everyday heroes as well.

And last but not least I love the conclusion on Mrs. Lowe's Home Page which is another classroom project.

Conclusion

The goal of this WebQuest was to help you realize that we all are heroes when we do the right thing and treat people as they should be treated. I hope that you have learned a little more about yourself and the people around you. If you have, pass on that knowledge to someone else and try to make this world a better place.

It's not always easy doing the right thing and sometimes you're the only one who knows if you've done right or wrong...but then you are the one person who really counts because YOU will know.


Well, I'm off to look for some heroes of my own!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Common Are Good Deeds?

Do The Right Thing

Pay It Forward